Saturday, August 4, 2012

July 24th, The rain hits hard

Left the Dutch house hostel early in the morning.  Said goodbye to my friend Crow and got a ride out to Reeds Gap.  Met a bunch of guys from Texas that were through hiking as well.  Hiked for about 5 hours when I met up with my friend Hirsch, a most righteous dude.  We decided to hike together into Waynesboro that day and that I'd get a hotel room for us.  Half way through the day a storm hit us.  Lighting everywhere and the trail became a river, flowing with all the run off water.  By 5 we made it to the interstate highway and called for a free shuttle into town.  Trail angels are truly the only thing that helps make a miserable day better.  Hirsch and I got dropped off at the Quality inn.  I met up with the guys from Texas and we hit up Mings Buffet, a Chinese/Japanese all you can eat.  It was only 12 dollars but I swear I ate over 40 dollars worth of sushi, Chinese dishes, desert and fruit.  Went on back to the hotel room where we had to switch rooms due to a malfunctioning toilet.  Only the next room's AC didn't work. 

No comments:

Post a Comment