Saturday, August 25, 2012

Trail Angels part II

20 miles.
Left the Graymore center late (9am) for the RPH Shelter. Was an exhausting day for me, took an hour lunch break just eating. My pack is caked in salt from all my sweat, flexible straps are now stiff but the pack is still doing well (well done golite) Finally made it to the shelter at 7pm. Was the only one at shelter and was getting ready to eat snicker bars and ramen when a trail angel appeared before me. Bill & Amy invited me to their home for the night. Was able to take a shower and get into some clean clothes. Met a newbie Sobo, and a section Sobo. They seemed amazed by what I learned on the trail. Helped the newbie with a pack shake down, was able to cut 10/15 lbs from his pack. Was able to get some insight on what was to come for me further on up North. Ate a wonderful dinner cooked by Amy and finished my meal off with a beer and a pint of Ben & Jerry's. Was so full, that I passed out down stairs on the sofa almost instantly. Bill & Amy are good in my books. Feelin good

No comments:

Post a Comment