Saturday, August 4, 2012

July 30, Front Royal

Jessica woke up early and hiked the last 13 miles of the Shenandoahs, which were all down hill.  Was done with miles by 11, which was nice.  Said goodbye to Jessica and got a taxi ride into Front Royal.  Was able to get a hotel room for the day, and made my way to a burger joint.  I ate a double cheeseburger with fries and a large chili dog with beans and I was still starving.  Felt bad for the waitress as she must have refilled my coke 20 times.  Headed back to the hotel to rest, all those high miles wore me out.  Forgot to mention that yesterday my friend Crow drove all the way out to give me some trail magic.  He drove 45 minutes to give me a big mac with fries and a large coke, I almost cried.  I nominate Crow for best trail angel on the AT for 2012.  Going to take a shower then go to bed, I am exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment