Saturday, August 4, 2012

July 28th, Skyland Resort

Big day for me, hiked my first 30 miles to the Skyland Resort/Restaurant.  There were many great views along the way, the Shenandoahs are very popular with tourists it seems.  The AT trail almost always runs parallel with Skyline road, which runs all the way through the park.  Climbed a couple mountains but was able to power over them with no trouble.  Was planning on staying at the Skyland Resort but they were all booked.  When I finally made it to Skyland at 7:30pm I met up with Hirsch again and decided to try out the restaurant which was my main goal for the day.  The restaurant was packed with people, the park must make a ton of money.  Ate fries, macaroni and cheese, two beers and a cheeseburger with everything on it, everything including 3 different types of cheese, mushrooms, peppers, onions.  Couldn't believe my bill was 30 dollars, Skyland has to make serious dough.  Found a place to ghost camp, I am full beyond words.

No comments:

Post a Comment