Thursday, August 16, 2012

Dante's Inferno

24 mile day
Was hoping for more miles today but the rocks put an end to that. Water is nowhere to be found around here. Tough going 17-19 miles between tanking up. Met a nice trail angel who took me to the mcdonalds in town. My body hated me for eating that much garbage. Climbed Dante's inferno, a mountain made of boulders. No tree cover for five miles. Thought a tstorm was going to get me but I was spared. Tomorrow I hike into New Jersey. Another state down, feels good.

2 comments:

  1. Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. ~Albert Einstein

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. ~Rachel Carson

    Fields have eyes and woods have eares. ~John Heywood

    ReplyDelete