Saturday, August 25, 2012

Nero day, Aug 25th

Woke up today around 8:30. Amy made us fellow hikers breakfast, waffles and coffee my favorite. The sobos said goodbye and were on their way. Amy & Bill invited me to pull a zero at their house. I decided to pull a nero and hike 5 miles to the local deli/pizza place. Made it to the pizza place in under 2 hours from the RPH shelter. Ate a large pizza with extra sauce and 3 cokes, all without a problem. Met two nice sobos at the picnic table. A beautiful German Shepherd was with them. That dog was very protective of his owner, can't wait to get one. Was given a ride back to the house by Amy. When we got to the house, a BBQ was underway. Didn't get to eat as much food as I would have liked due to the fact I had eaten a large pizza just an hour earlier. Downed a couple Guinness beers and talked to the guests. Took another shower which was still amazing as the previous day. Everyone went to a concert, but I decided to stay behind and sleep. Feelin good, tomorrow I hike to Kent.

1 comment:

  1. For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. - Isaiah 41:13; So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. - Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete