Thursday, August 23, 2012

Trail Angels

Aug 21st
Hiked into New York today, 20 miles down. Terrain is rocky and I've been in a funk lately. Been tough pushing on, but it must be done. Got to visit a bakery/ice cream place in the morning in Vernon. Got me some ice cream and banana nut bread. Hiked to the New York border, bunch of boulder climbing. Made it to highway 17A, called a trail angel to come pick me up and went to the local creamery(ice cream) place for a root beer float. The Trail Angel John took me and two other hikers to get pizza. Went to his house, unloaded all our gear and ate. John picked up some nobos and we let them eat, while we talked about the trail and life. Was able to take a shower and put on some loaner clothes, almost felt human, almost. Checked out my weight, I've lost 32 lbs. I can feel my ribs well, and I now have loose clothes. John did our laundry as we went to bed. I feel amazing, and very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment