Thursday, August 9, 2012

August 8th, member of the half gallon challenge

Well I'm now a member of the half gallon challenge. Finished my box of frozen goodness at 19 minutes. I did this at 9 am right before a 20 mile day in the sun. Was interesting clawing my way to victory one scoop at a time. Max finished his in 13 minutes, he was a hungry man. I consumed 1680 calories in that one sitting. Hiking out of the park was tough. Wanted to swim in the lake but the time just didn't work. Max and I hiked 20 miles into Boiling Springs, Pennslyvania. Met my buddy Hirsch for the last time, that man was born to crush the trails. In Boiling Springs we were able to get a good deal on a resort room. Once Max and I threw our stuff in the room we went to the restaurant. Got to eat some soup, drink some beer, eat some apple pie (with more ice cream), and my personal favorite steak with mash potatoes. Was so full, the only thing that made my day better was a hot shower. Best part of my week by far. Going to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment