Thursday, August 9, 2012

August 9th, shelter cat

Hiked over 22 miles today. Got my laundry done this morning, along with another shower. Max and I ate at our breakfast at the diner. Was close to 11 when we finally left. Today we expected rain all day, but it never came. We made it to the shelter at 8:30. Porcupines are around here, they want to eat the salt off our gear. Found a shelter cat around, was yogi'ing pretty hard(begging for food).. We are losing light sooner every day now. My pack is getting smaller, under 25 lbs for sure. I'm getting really strong in my legs, I run up mountains now with ease. Hiking 4 miles tomorrow to Duncannnon, PA for resupply and more food! Might do 25-27 miles tomorrow, terrain is suppose to become rocky.

2 comments:

  1. I've always regarded nature as the clothing of God. ~Alan Hovhaness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony, when I read this I have to associate your cat ourage and determination to that of, then Captain Moore. It separates the normal people from the unnormal brave men. It's a mentality that all would like to have, but only a few posses:

    ""When we step on the battlefield, I will be
    The First Boots On and the Last Boots Off.
    - LtG. Hal Moore

    ReplyDelete