Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The NOC

Yesterday I hiked 15 miles from Franklin. Set up camp and had to deal with the rain all night. My friend John along with two others that were marines are trying to get me to go marines, what a lesson. Got some much needed supplies from the three eagles outfitters. Today I hiked 12 miles mostly down hill to the Nantahala Outdoor Center. The NOC is a big outdoor place for whitewater rafting, NOBOs and camping. My friend john and I got a hostel room and went down to the dinner where we both ate the hungry hiker burger, a 1lb burger along with Tator tots. Soon after we did laundry and checked out the shopping center. Tried to get me some trail runner shoes as my boots are not helping me hike the AT. Turns out they don't carry a size 13 or 14. I'll have to try my luck in Gatlinburg. Eating and preparing for tomorrow. I have 6 miles of straight climbing, so I'll be starting early. Hopefully with luck I'll make it 22 miles tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That burger was delicious, but proved too much for either one of us to finish. I guess we just didn't hike far enough that day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to read this all summer, instead I am reading now. :) You are precious. Glad you are having fun. :)

    ReplyDelete