Friday, June 29, 2012

Hampton, TN

Hiked 15 miles today to Hampton, TN. The terrain is getting easier, but my foot has become injured some how. If I place my left foot on anything that is not level I have a sharp pain shoot up my foot into my leg. Very painful but I must push on. Found another water fall today, Laurel Falls. Ate lunch there before blue blazing into Hampton. Was very thirsty and found myself a biker bar named the Ice House Saloon. Drank two pitchers of ice cold beer followed by some questionably greasy food. Afterwords I picked up some short term food supplies and hiked back to the trail. If I had known i had to climb a 2 mile straight up mountain I would have never had drunken that beer, what a experience. Ran out of water the first mile up, not good. Decided to call family and friends once I hit the top, my break for the day. Finally got over the mountain and through Hampton again to the Watauga Lake Shelter. An hour before I got to the shelter it started pouring rain, lightning everywhere. Was glad to make the shelter when I did. Two days out from Damascus, VA my resting point.

3 comments:

  1. Nature is man's teacher. She unfolds her treasures to his search, unseals his eye, illumes his mind, and purifies his heart; an influence breathes from all the sights and sounds of her existence. ~Alfred Billings Street

    ReplyDelete
  2. The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination. -Tommy Lasorda

    and . . .

    Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. ~Albert Einstein

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.”

    ReplyDelete