Monday, June 18, 2012

Day with Bender

Our friend Reef didn't show up to the shelter last night so Bender and I decided to wait till 10 for him to show up from the last shelter. Cooked a hot breakfast, which is a rare thing for me out here. Started pouring rain so I curled up in my sleeping bag and fell asleep. Woke up at 11 to find the rain gone, but no Reef. Bender and I decided to roll on out as we want to be in Erwin tomorrow. Got a ride into town for some much needed food supplies. I eat everything out here. Bought 40 worth of food for two days. Learned a valuable lesson, don't buy food for the trail when you are starving. Bought a quart of ice cream, don't know what I was thinking. Ate 1500 calories at the side of the trail with Bender. We talked all the way to the shelter, which was all up hill. The hills here are really mountains, uphill and very steep. Made a fire to dry off all the sweat I produce from hiking. Don't know if I mentioned before but I got my trail name last week. Bigfoot, after my shoe size problems. Going to pass out now, I'm bushed. Erwin tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. YES!!!! Bigfoot is sticking! Glad to hear it. Hope the hike is going well, I should be back on the trail soon.

    ReplyDelete