Friday, June 15, 2012

Hot Springs, NC

Left Walnut shelter and had a nice little 13 mile hike into Hot Springs, NC. The AT passes straight through town. on my way to Hot Springs, I saw my first tombstone and turtle. As soon as I hit town I checked in at Elmer's Sunnybank Inn. Got me some supplies at a local gear shop. Finally have some trail runners, Inov8's which are my favorite. Afterwords I hit up the Hot Springs resort where they have naturally occurring hot spring water. For 13 dollars I got to sit in a hot tub for an hour. Best money spent on the trail by far! It is an incredible experience, that's all that can be said. Met some new friends, Reef, Mouse, Bender, and Gap Fap. Had a couple beers at the local tavern with them. Got the strongest beer they had, a porter. After a porter it was Rouge Dead Guy Ale, which is my favorite beer. Today has been amazing. I'm in high spirits now. Tomorrow the onslaught begins again.

4 comments:

  1. Guess what?! Finally got my plate carrier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anthony, do not lose heart or become discouraged as we have the Hope of Jesus Christ and eternal life to carry us through. Stay in the Bible and pray continually seeking the face of God and He will be with you. I pray these Bible verses fill your heart with hope from the truth of God’s mighty word.

    Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing.

    Have an enjoyable day viewing the beautiful creation of the Lord all around you, Oma and PaPaw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joshua: Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunnybank now has a website and facebook page:

    http://www.sunnybankretreatassociation.org

    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sunnybank-Inn-Retreat-Association/397521063653742?ref=hl

    Stay connected!

    ReplyDelete