Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Woods Hole Hostel/ July 9

22 mi/ 619.4-1564.8
Started early for a nice day of easy hiking. Mostly flat terrain at 2,500 feet, with a small climb at the end. Came across my first suspension bridge over Kimberling Creek. Reef and I decided to hike into town to grab a bite to eat. Double cheese burger with all the trimmings along with 3 soft drinks and onion rings. It was the right decision. Hiked back to the trail and passed the Wapiti Shelter, a shelter where someone was once murdered. Came to a waterfall but didn't check it out as we both wanted to reach the hostel before night. We had a good 5 mile climb to Woods Hole hostel, a hippy farm home to hikers. The hostel had pigs, chickens and goats. Reef and I ate some Amish ice cream. Set up my sleeping gear, ready for a nice easy day tomorrow. My foot is a bit sore but it's not swollen, that's good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment