Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 18 Daleville

Woke up today, got ready to hit the trail. Shipped home my old trekking poles that broke on me. Went over to the Kroger that was next door to the UPS store. Stocked up on snacks and soda for the trail. Found Shiner bock, but didn't have time to drink some, what a shame. Got to talk to mom and dad which was nice. My buddy Reef was reluctant to leave, "almost" convinced me to pull a zero. Would have done that had I not been so determined to reach harpers ferry by the end of the month. Said goodbye to my old walking stick that helped me out for over 200 miles when my pole gave out. The heat today was something, we didn't hit the trail till 11:30 with 90 degree heat and steep climbs. We decided to only do 12 miles today, so tomorrow will be a long day.

Trying to update my blog today or tomorrow so you'll have to excuse my slow blog posts.

If you're lucky enough to be in the mountains, you're lucky enough.

6 comments:

  1. “People who lack the clarity, courage, or determination to follow their own dreams will often find ways to discourage yours. Live your truth and don't EVER stop!”
    ― Steve Maraboli

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll drink the German stuff Til you get to go. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Success is a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.”
    ― Robert Strauss

    ReplyDelete
  4. And this, our life, exempt from public haunt, finds tongues in trees, books in the running brooks, sermons in stones, and good in everything. ~William Shakespeare

    ReplyDelete
  5. “Winners take time to relish their work, knowing that scaling the mountain is what makes the view from the top so exhilarating.” Denis Waitley

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anthony, “When spontaneous demoralizing thoughts seep into your conscience, don't trip...allowing them to fester. These are random tests of your conviction and determination. Large or small, your reaction to such intrusions is a defining moment for which no one else, but you, can mitigate.”
    ― T.F. Hodge

    ReplyDelete