Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Buena Vista, The Dark Knight Rises. 21st

Hiked a 20 mile day to VA60, the road that goes to Buena Vista. Have waited all week to go to this town as I need to resupply, and there is a movie theater in town. I can finally see the new Batman movie! Hitchhiked for the first time, mixed feelings about doing so. Waited for a good hour to get a ride into town. Picked up by a fellow Texan heading to a farm to work on. Was very grateful for the ride as town was almost 10 miles away. Got my hotel room, and washed my clothes. Ate not one but TWO triple whoppers from Burger King along with fries and a large coke. I've got a big appetite these days. Got a taxi ride to see the Batman movie. Heard all about the shooting in Colorado on the way to the movie. The film was a big reward for me, haven't been this excited in a while. Got my ride back to my hotel room, and saw that Reef wasn't in town. I think I out hiked him considerably. Going to try and be in Harpers Ferry by the end of the month.

3 comments:

  1. To go against the dominant thinking of your friends, of most of the people you see every day,is perhaps the most difficult act of heroism you can perform. - Theodore H. White

    ReplyDelete
  2. “It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever – the one who recognizes the challenges and does something about it.” -Vince Lombardi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shenandoah National Park Weather

    Expect occasional thunderstorms to begin Saturday at 2:45pm

    Forecast for Today, Updated: Jul 28, 2012, 12:05pm EDT
    82°F High, Isolated T-Storms, Chance of rain:30% Wind: SW at 8 mph Humidity: 60%
    UV Index:10 - Sunrise: 6:12 am Moonrise: 4:29 pm

    Tonight:

    61°Low

    Isolated T-Storms
    Chance of rain: 30%Wind: NW at 6 mph Humidity:87%

    ReplyDelete