Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Hike to the Dutch hostel, 22nd

Woke up early to hit the trail. Did not want to leave my bed. Hard to get out of civilization when you have so many comforts. Got my food supplies at the dollar general, nothing like junk food and rice sides to resupply you. Was lucky enough to get a big breakfast at Burger King. Tater Tots, bacon egg and cheese biscuit and a bacon, sausage, cheese and egg croissant. Best breakfast thus far, was ready for anything. Got a ride in the morning back to VA60, which is where the trail continues. Left some drinks(trail magic) for Reef and other hikers. It's hot out there and water and drinks are a big deal out here. Hiked almost all day and ran into my friend Sherlock. Another hiker from Texas who has the largest beard I have ever seen. Sherlock informed me of the Dutch haus hostel down the trail. Couldn't resist a hostel as I was still tired from hiking so many miles. We got a ride to the hostel once we hit Spry rock road. One of the best hostels I've seen. Clean place, beds with sheets, cokes, and home cooked meals. Talked to the owners about slack packing the trail tomorrow, so that I can spend an extra night at the shelter. Sherlock and I had a lengthy conversation about Unimogs and FJs. Can't wait to hike the priest and three ridges tomorrow, I hear that's the last big mountains (4000ft) in Virginia.

No comments:

Post a Comment