Monday, September 3, 2012

Kent, CT

9 miles, August 28
Today I woke up early and hiked my 1 mile into Kent. Went to pick up my mail drop for some much needed supplies. Got some new shoes, a light for night hiking and some chocolate. Thanks mom and O&P for the mail help. Went to the local grocery store and stocked up. Was able to eat some breakfast at a bakery while my cell charged in the library. So happy to be able to eat and use a computer. Waited in the library for my friend Spook to show up. Spook finally showed up, after 2 months of chasing each other we've met up finally. We decided to go eat some burgers before leaving for the nearest shelter. By the time we were done eating and on the road it was 6pm. We ended up night hiking to the shelter. Lots of rocks and steep declines but we made it in one piece. Met up with the rest of the crew, Flash & Songbird.

No comments:

Post a Comment