Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The island

Feel like I'm on a deserted island. Only ran into ten people today. Had my first trail magic experience today. A local gave me some fresh cheese, almonds and carrots, what a feast. Saw a large snake today and a black bear cub. The cub was less than 15 feet from me, I didn't look for the mama. Sprinted 200 yards uphill as if on fire, woke me up. Hiked 16 miles today to gapping gap shelter. Due to my mice experience from the other day I decided to pitch my tent. Going to have a sort hike tomorrow 3.6 miles and head into a nearby town for some much needed R&R. good day

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go anthony! you need anything?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm good, will be running through the trail tomorrow.

      Delete